Saturday, July 17, 2010

Design: Three new enemy "turret" types

I didn't really work on any new missions, but I did a lot of work on three new features introduced in the Aether Biome (the cloud world). There's the Helix, which is essentially a turret which shoots spinning bullets at you. There's the Smoker, which shoot a homing rocket at the player (which actually is kind of annoying with its somewhat accurate following and loud proximity beeping). And then there's the Flasher, which is pretty much just a turret that shoots lasers at you.

The Flasher is in the style of N/N+, where the laser creates a crosshair which homes onto the player. After it's aimed at the player, the laser will be fired. There's somewhat of a chance to avoid lasers as long as you continue moving in one direction.

Helix

Smoker

Flasher

Yes, the names are pretty stupid. And, yes, I realize that a laser doesn't really make sense. BUT LET ME DO IT.

As I said in the previous post's comment, if anybody wants to play the current progress of the game, contact me wherever you see fit (if you know me from the GMC, YYG, 64D, etc.) or just post in one of my blog...things. If you want to test, and have your name added in the list of Testers in the credits, tell me also. G'day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 iluvfuz.