Monday, July 19, 2010

Design: Incorporating PC and PSP control schemes

I realized yesterday that I'm pretty much finished with my game. A couple of more level designing sessions, a simple endgame level, and an epilogue, and it's all done. That is why I'm going to be lazy and not do anything for a while.

Instead, today, I polished quite a bit. I updated the game so it looks like in both PC and PSP mode (chosen through Options), fixed many bugs, optimized the code, cleaned up some code, and made some of the Errands more efficient and better-looking. It was about two hours' worth of work but most of it was looking through code and playing through to test. It's a nice break.

By my calculations, I have 7.0 days to work on each level to meet the deadline. Ah...

What I mean by PC and PSP:

I had some sound advice to separate the two control schemes as to not confuse the player. Rather than showing Press [Cross Button]/[X Button] to select or [Circle Button]/[C Button] to continue, it'll just show one. I do agree when I see Comp05/Comp06 entries show both the PC and PSP setup, it miffs me. If that makes sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 iluvfuz.